Thursday, 12 April 2018
Monday, 9 April 2018
Wednesday, 4 April 2018
Notices to Mariners Week 14 & 15 - Notices to Mariners for the Southern East Coast of the UK and across to France, Belgium and part of Holland
None this week in the monitored area. Yippee!
1. ISLE OF GRAIN TO OUTER THAMES ESTUARY SURVEY OF NEW INTERCONNECTOR CABLE ROUTE - On or about 25th March 2018 underwater survey operations will commence in the Thames Estuary for a new interconnector cable route between the UK and Germany. Full detail on the usual page: http://www.crossingthethamesestuary.com/page9.html in the Temporary List of course including full detail from the Isle of Grain to the Sunk Centre and two images.
2. CROSS DEEP TO WOOLWICH REACH (UPPER) TRADITIONAL ROWING EVENTS IN LONDON 2018 - number of traditional rowing events taking place between Greenwich and Teddington from April until October which may require local traffic control - some worth watching;
3. Harwich Harbour and approaches – Seasonal recreational marks - the usual ones reinstalled on or after the 26th March 2018;
4. Container Crane Ship Zhen Hua 23 - Felixstowe - on or about the 25th of March 2018 (pm tide) the container crane ship Zhen Hua 23 is expected to arrive in Felixstowe with a duration of stay of approximately 12 days. During the transit both inwards and outwards, the Zhen Hua 23 will require a clear channel from the South Shipwash buoy to her berth at Felixstowe.
At all times during her stay there will be cranes on deck in the boom down position extending into the harbour area, please note that the ends of the booms will not be illuminated;
5. Ha’penny pier pontoon refurbishment works update - the pontoon section at the western end of the mooring berth will not be reinstated by the 30th of March 2018. While the repairs are taking place the remaining sections of the pontoon in the mooring facility will remain open to the general public. The gangway between the pontoons and the pier will be reinstated on the 23rd of March 2018.
6. Restricted Navigation Ipswich Wet Dock - for a period of approximately 12 Months there is an area of Restricted Navigation around Albion Wharf in the Wet Dock. During the rebuilding of the ‘wine rack’ scaffolding will protrude 3m out above the wet dock. The area has been marked by 2 x yellow buoys as in photograph below. Please keep South of the yellow Buoys - Image in the Temporary List;
7. Dredging Operations River Orwell - the trailing suction dredger ‘UKD Orca’ and Bed leveller ‘UKD Seahorse’ will be working in the Port of Ipswich and River Orwell from or about Wednesday 11th April 2018 for about 6 days. The deposit operation will take place in the Long Reach of the River Orwell;
8. Temporary Lock Closure - Ipswich Lock will be closed for all vessels during the following periods:- Tuesday 27th March 2018 0900 ~ 1300hrs This is to facilitate urgent repairs to the Outer Lock Gate Cill;
9. LOWESTOFT OUTER HARBOUR – GEOPHYSICAL SURVEY OPERATIONS - BRIDGE CHANNEL AND YACHT BASIN - survey work is scheduled to commence on 26/04/2018 in the Outer Bridge Channel, and in the RN&SYC basin. Image on the Temporary List;
10. Da, Da, Daaaaa - Port of Wells - Dredging;
11. Approaches to King’s Lynn - UKD “Cherry Sand” Dredging Disposal West Stones Disposal site HU143 - from the Am tide 28th March through until the PM Tide 8th April 2018, UKD Vessel “Cherry Sand” will be carrying out maintenance dredging for the safety of shipping within the enclosed Docks King’s Lynn. Each operational tide the “Cherry Sand” will depart King’s Lynn Docks 1 hour to High water and proceed to the disposal area in the vicinity of the West Stones Beacon.
1. ENGLAND - South East Coast - Approaches to Ramsgate - Submarine power cable. - previously reported as a Preliminary Notice earlier this year - new cable twix Pegwell Bay and Zeebrugge - Images on the usual page - http://www.crossingthethamesestuary.com/page9.html
2. BELGIUM - Oostende N and Wielingen - Buoyage. - 4 new yellow special buoys, one close east of Oostende Harbour and three around Zeebrugge
3. ENGLAND - East Coast - Sunk Head NE - Fog signal. - Change of the fog warning from a whistle to a bell.
Not the most exciting!
1. LONG REACH NAVIGATOR TERMINAL BORE HOLE SAMPLING - work will start on or around the 3rd April to carry out bore hole sampling ahead of construction of a new dolphin on the upstream end of Berth No. 1 at Navigator Terminal (charted as Vopak). Works are expected to be completed 6th April 2018;
2. UPPER MEDWAY PETER’S BRIDGE (between Halling and Snodland) - the planned bridge inspection for between 13th March 2018 and 14th March 2018 has been further postponed until the 26th - 29th March 2018.
3. Rescheduled Dredging Operations River Orwell - the trailing suction dredger ‘UKD Marlin’ and Bed leveller ‘UKD Seahorse’ will be working in the Port of Ipswich and River Orwell from or about Monday 28th May 2018 for about 6 days.
4. Port of Wells dredging!
Link to details - http://www.crossingthethamesestuary.com/page9.html
Local NtMs compiled by and reproduced by kind permission of Roger Gaspar, author of Crossing the Thames Estuary