All five on the London River:
1. ENGLAND - East Coast - Depth. - One reduction of depth on the edge of the deep water channel just east of the Sea Reach 1 South lateral buoy. Not likely to hinder leisure craft.
2. ENGLAND - East Coast - Depths. - Four reduced depths in the main channel of the Thames off and adjacent to East Tilbury. All are at over 8m so unlikely to hinder leisure craft.
3. ENGLAND - East Coast - Depths. - Two reduced soundings in the deep water channel of Sea Reach, either side of the pair of No 5. Both at depths that will NOT be likely to hinder leisure craft.
4. ENGLAND - East Coast - Depth. - One reduced sounding close to north by Tilburyness. Again at 6m, it is unlikely to hinder leisure craft
5. ENGLAND - East Coast - Buoy. - Slight but important move of the Leigh lateral buoy (starboard hand mark for the Thames, port hand mark for Leigh Creek).
Not many today - good oh
1. GRAVESEND REACH WEST STREET PIER - Due to the deteriorated condition of West Street Pier, Mariners are advised that a “Proceed with Caution” is in place until further notice. Mariners should ensure they pass the pier at an appropriate speed to ensure minimum wash, in order to prevent further deterioration to the structure. Vessels are instructed not to moor at West Street Pier until further notice. (Image at the usual page in the Temporary List: http://www.crossingthethamesestuary.com/page9.html
2. LOWESTOFT BRIDGE CHANNEL – TRIAL NAVIGATION LIGHTS - Mariners and Port Users are advised that Bridge Channel lights are being trialed on the North side of the Bascule Bridge ‘cut’ with an east and west light each Iso.Y.5s. The lights will be in position for approximately one week. Notice will be provided once they have been removed.
3. Port of Wells - dredging.
Link to details - http://www.crossingthethamesestuary.com/page9.html
Local NtMs compiled by and reproduced by kind permission of Roger Gaspar, author of Crossing the Thames Estuary